Assistant Manager - Supply Chain Management
● Monitor regularly to ensure stock requirements are met by the customers. Lead team on solving
any customer or suppliers on product specification and technical data matters.
● work with procurement managers and buyers to source the right products.
● negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers.
● control manufacturing and delivery processes
● plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met.
● oversee product storage, handling and distribution.
● use computer software to track goods from origin to delivery.
● work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analyzing
● manage the costs involved while maintaining quality.
● ensure aware of exactly what is happening throughout the supply chain.
● manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff.
● improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the
● develop new and existing relationships with suppliers.
● manage and minimize the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or
interrupt the supply chain.
● consider the environmental impact of the supply chain to meet sustainability targets.
● implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector.
● Strong planning skills
● a logical and systematic approach to work
● good time management, with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and keep to
● the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally.
● excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal
and external teams.
● negotiation and influencing skills.
● business management and analytical skills
● excellent communication skills, both written and oral
● the ability to lead and motivate a team.
● IT literacy, skills in Excel and the ability to handle electronic data.
● and understanding of risk management in the context of the supply chain.
● Periodical MIS
● Cost reduction in day to day business activities