Assistant Manager - Quality Fresh category
The Quality Manager for the Fresh Category is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of quality and safety for all fresh produce and perishable items within the company's inventory. This role involves developing and implementing quality control processes, conducting inspections, managing compliance with regulatory standards, and driving continuous improvement initiatives to optimize freshness and shelf life. The Quality Manager will collaborate with suppliers, vendors, internal departments, and regulatory agencies to uphold quality standards and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Have a strong knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance of fresh fruits and vegetables and have a good knowledge in the field of agriculture.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to : - Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications- Ensuring that farm produce (fruits and vegetables) comply with market standards.
- Specifying quality requirements of fresh produce with the farmers. Ensure Quality Standards as per FSSAI Compliance.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards and systems.
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met by setting customer service standards-Providing guidance vendors/sellers to ensure good quality of the produce.
- Conduct both internal and external audits/visits & report audit results and implement new/existing activities to critically analyze and improve quality/safety gaps.
- Create processes and metrics of quality by observing and identifying areas in need of improvement and implement programs to ensure quality.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of work experience in the same capacity related to fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Should be passionate about the field of agriculture and should have an urge for learning.
- Proven ability to work independently, in a team-oriented environment and achieve results.
- Excellent communication, people management, and time management skills.
- Problem Solving and Handling stressful and complicated situations.
- Experience in working with a start-up and a consumer fruit and vegetable brand is a definite advantage.