Senior Design Engineer
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Ecozen is innovating at the intersection of clean-tech & the internet of things. We aspire to disrupt the way perishables are handled across the value chain and build an intelligent and completely automated after-sales service solution in the long run. Currently, we have two products- Ecofrost & Ecotron. Ecofrost is a portable solar-powered cold room based on thermal energy storage, which can maintain low temperatures without any backup power. We also offer a smart controller “Ecotron” for irrigation pumps which complements our offerings in the solar/agri-solutions space and are a major market shareholder. Both the products are strongly integrated with the internet and give us extensive data about their usage and performance. Using this data, we are building a perishables-friendly marketplace and powerful algorithms to improve product performance, serviceability, and reliability. Our primary USP is our innovative and fresh approach to real-life problems and solving them with the philosophy of lean solutions. Our team consists of extremely motivated and energetic individuals who walk hand-in-hand with the company's principles and vision.
We are headquartered at Pune and also have major operations at Raipur. We are also spread across other locations such as Hyderabad, Chandigarh & Delhi. We are seeking Mechanical Engineers who can design our next-generation products as well as refine and evolve existing product lines. She/he should help in detail designing of products mechanical features. She/he should have good knowledge of manufacturing
especially in Sheet metal manufacturing, Machining, plastic manufacturing such as injection molding, Blow molding, vacuum casting, vacuum forming, roto molding etc.
- Collaborate with internal customers to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering teams to generate design solutions and extend support to Cross Functional Teams throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Creates a culture of rapid idea generation and viability assessment.
- Coordinate with production, testing team and manufacturing partners to prototype/manufacture/test designs and concepts.
- Concept Design, 3D CAD modeling & 2D drafting, CAD Assembly management, BoM preparation, Design Release to Production
- Sheet metal part development, Drawing preparation and Product release, Design Calculation, Tolerance stack-up analysis / DVA, DFMEA, DQR, DFM, DFA and DSR, Design Review, DVP&R, GD&T
- Essential Qualification: B. Tech/BE (Mechanical)/MTech (Mechanical)
- Experience: 5+years
- Industry Preference: Experience in Industrial products and consumer products is desirable.
- Should have contributed majorly in the mechanical aspects of a development of a product/s.
- Designing architecture of a product.
- BOM Cost Estimation of a design
- Project Planning for the development of the product.
- 3D CAD modelling in Fusion360/Solid works.
- CAE simulations for Strength
- Sheet Metal parts designing
- Plastic parts designing (Injection molded parts, Blow molded, Vacuum casted, Vacuum formed, Roto molded parts)
- Vibration analysis
- Design Calculation, Tolerance stack-up analysis / DVA, DFMEA, DQR, DFM, DFA and DSR, Design Review, DVPR, GD&T