Thermal Design Engineer
Ecozen is a technology company, and through our solutions, we are building a smart and sustainable future. We believe technology and innovations have the power to bring change and we look to harness this power to build solutions that deliver impact to our customers, our people and our planet.
Our products have revolutionized the irrigation and cold chain industries, with path-breaking innovations in predictive analytics, motor controls, energy storage, AI & IoT modules and food tech. Our technological innovations are now set to disrupt the EV, financial services and asset management industries as well.
We bring these innovations to market fast. How are we so fast? We actively collaborate and trust each other. We listen to our customers and learn fast and unlearn even faster. We predict (create) the future. And most importantly we empower our people with the ability to decide.
- Design of refrigeration systems for High, Medium, and Low temperatures
- Design of heat exchangers
- Build test rigs and conduct prototype tests
- New vendor engagement
- Develop design documentation and manufacturing SOPs
- Participate in DFMEA.
- Apply design routines for DFM in sheet metal and refrigeration piping design.
- Support production and QC departments to streamline the production process with better-quality output.
- Coordinate with vendors to identify new technological solutions to changing technical requirements
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate new product designs
- Support for Fluid Thermal Numerical Simulation (CFD) on Ansys SCDM as per the necessity of design optimization
- B.Tech./B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of demonstrated industrial experience in the field of refrigeration and thermal design.
Experience and demonstrated proficiency with:
- Integrating mechanical design features for component support in a high vibration environment.
- Design of heat exchangers, specifically the selection of fans, evaporators, and condensers.
- Knowledge of Hermetic, Semi-Hermetic, Scroll compression systems and Cascading system
- Experience with heat transfer through conduction, natural convection, and forced convection applications and related techniques for refrigeration and latent heat transfer(phase-change).
- 3D CAD Modeling
- Fluid Thermal simulation.
- Design of machined and fabricated components.
- Ability to set up instrumentation and test apparatus and conduct validation testing.
- Prior work with phase change materials is a plus.
Software /Scripting proficiency:
-3D CAD modeling tools such as AutoCAD Fusion 360 or equivalent.
-CFD CAD tools, such as Ansys SCDM
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong grasp on Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, and Refrigeration
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Career focus: Engineering Design, Research, and development
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them
May require to travel (Frequency: Low)