Senior/Lead Hyperspectral Scientist
Role: Senior/Lead Hyperspectral Scientist
Location: Anywhere in the United States
Pixxel is seeking a senior level Hyperspectral Imagery Scientist that will provide scientific and technical support as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of applied remote sensing professionals.
Pixxel is a space data company building the health monitor for our planet through a constellation of some of the world’s most advanced hyperspectral earth imaging satellites and the analytics platform that will enable easy application of that data across a multitude of sectors. The fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down high quality imagery of every place on earth every day.
The role involves full implementation of remote sensing capabilities including analysis and exploitation of processed hyperspectral data, production of algorithms, testing and exploitation of algorithms, tools, and methodologies to extract valuable information from complex satellite hyperspectral sensor data. The candidate must have previous experience with hyperspectral imagery.
- Process and exploit satellite data, with an emphasis on full spectrum hyperspectral data.
- Develop new, and modernize existing algorithms, tools, and methodologies for exploitation of hyperspectral imagery.
- Conduct research, development, testing, and evaluation to identify new remote sensing applications with emphasis on hyperspectral imagery.
- Characterize data from existing and emerging ground, air, and space based spectral and remote sensing sensors.
- Author technical papers and presentations and present findings at community symposiums, meetings, and working groups.
- PhD or Master's degree in remote sensing, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and geography.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in hyperspectral data analysis.
- Expertise using ENVI and ArcGIS.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently or collaboratively, and comfortable communicating directly with customers.
- Expertise with Matlab and Python.
Additional good-to-have qualifications:
- Top Secret clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Experience leveraging AI/ML tools to train, tune, test, and deploy models.
By being a part of Pixxel, you will:
- Be a part of a high-tech, fast paced, and fun work environment that is highly impactful, exciting and collaborative.
- Have a flexible working environment that enables you to balance work and personal life.
- Be provided a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits with extremely low employee cost share for you and your eligible dependents.
Pixxel is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status.