Payload Calibration and Test Engineer (CAIT)
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth. This role will contribute towards research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- Develop new testers/critical optical component to meet design requirements for calibration and test.
- Participate in Pre flight calibration including geometrical, spatial and radiometric calibration, aberration characterisation, stray light test etc.
- Develop and lead alignment and integration of the payload to the bus
- Develop and deploy software that calibrates and tests imaging systems.
- Assist in Commissioning and in flight calibration
- Analyse volume data to provide mentorship on engineering decisions.
- Assist QA in formulating milestone based checks and verification procedures for the payload.
- Minimum 4 years of space quality experience, including a strong “hands-on” background with optical or optomechanical assemblies.
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Optical Engineering or Quality Engineering; plus strong industry experience.
- Preferred: Six Sigma Engineer with Green belt certification or above
- Experience with working in an optical laboratory and familiarity with optical metrology tools an advantage
- Deep understanding of imaging systems & camera technology.
- Mechanical/HW/SW problem solving and optimisation skill.
- Experience in lens characterisation methodology and calibration.
- Experience in image processing or software development, programming experience with C++ / Matlab / Python preferred.
- Exposure/knowledge about thermal properties, space-qualified materials and adhesives.
- Test plan, procedure, and report preparation for different environmental tests performed on spacecraft
- Well conversant with quality standards defined by different space agencies and organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents
- Insurance covers for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to cutting-edge technology and an opportunity to work with the international space community.