Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth. This role will contribute towards the design and development of optomechanical assemblies for Pixxel's high throughput space-based hyperspectral cameras.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing down the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- Design, Manufacture and Test the structure for a micro satellite space system.
- Interfacing with subsystem to cater to the position, orientation and FoV requirements
- 3D modelling and assembly CAD of the satellite system
- Material selection and process qualification for manufacturing of composites
- Structural strength and stiffness analysis to meet the launch vehicle requirements and ensure safety of functional components
- Verification and validation of the manufactured structural components
- E./B.Tech/M.S/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years working experience with Aerospace/Space.
- 3D modelling (CAD) using solidworks/NX
- GD&T as per ASTM/ISO standards
- Finite element modelling and analysis
- Working with NASTRAN Solver, for dynamic response analyses
- Working with space grade aluminium alloys and composites
- Space/Military standards for material selection
- Space/Military standards for manufacturing
- Space/Military standards and methodology for testing - Qualification and Acceptance testing procedures
- Insurance covers for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Reasonably flexible working hours.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.