Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth. This role will contribute towards the development of required propulsion subsystems for the satellites.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing down the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- Requirement specification and trade study for hardware selection
- Oversight for the development:
- Collaborate with the propulsion team and the satellite team
- Verify vendor design, fabrication and assembly,
- Performance validation and quality inspection
- Integration of propulsion subsystem
- Collaborate with AOCS, EPS, Thermal, and OBC to verify interfaces
- Create setups/jigs and scenarios for the propulsion subsystem test campaign
- Lead the integration of the propulsion subsystem with the satellite bus.
- M.S/M.Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering or related
- 2+ years work experience in Space Propulsion Systems
- Clear understanding and flowdown of mission requirements
- Proficient knowledge of miniature rocket engines, pressurized fluid systems and commonly used space grade green propellants
- Test plan, procedure, and report preparation
- Insurance cover for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Reasonably flexible working hours.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.