Geospatial Software Development Engineer
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on the ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Geospatial Backend Software Development Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in geospatial data processing and expertise in multispectral and hyperspectral imagery. In addition to geospatial skills, the candidate should possess solid traditional programming knowledge and experience in system design. As a Geospatial Backend Software Development Engineer, you will be crucial in designing, developing, and maintaining the backend systems that power our geospatial applications and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including geospatial analysts, front-end developers, and data scientists to define software requirements and specifications.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust backend systems that handle the processing and analysis of multispectral and hyperspectral imagery data.
- Implement algorithms and techniques for image preprocessing, feature extraction, and advanced data analysis, leveraging geospatial data libraries and tools.
- Optimize and scale backend systems to efficiently handle large volumes of geospatial data while ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the overall software ecosystem, considering system scalability, security, and maintainability.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback, and maintaining code quality standards.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to ensure smooth deployment and operation of backend services in both development and production environments.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in geospatial technology, data processing techniques, and software development practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Geospatial Engineering, Remote Sensing, or a related field.
- Proven experience of 3+ in geospatial software development, particularly in handling multispectral and hyperspectral imagery data.
- Strong proficiency in traditional programming languages such as Go and Python or similar languages.
- Solid understanding of software design principles, including experience in designing and developing scalable and maintainable backend systems.
- Familiarity with geospatial libraries and frameworks such as GDAL, OpenCV, and Spectral Python is a plus.
- Experience with geospatial data formats like GeoTIFF, NetCDF, and HDF5.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new technologies and techniques as the field of geospatial technology evolves.
What do you get?
- Opportunities for professional growth and skill development in a cutting-edge field.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values creativity and innovation.
- Access to the latest geospatial technology tools and resources.
- Chance to make a meaningful impact by contributing to projects that have real-world applications.
If you are a passionate Geospatial Backend Software Development Engineer with a strong background in multispectral and hyperspectral imagery and a knack for traditional programming and system design, we would love to meet you.