Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
JD- Legal Associate - Suite42We at Suite42 are building a on demand contract manufacturing platform for brands to get their manufacturing done. We help brands with design, prototyping, sourcing, quality, and packaging. We work in food commodities/staples, processed food, FMCG amp; Nutraceuticals. Please go through our websitehttps://www.suite42.in/to explore more about us. Role Description-We are looking for a Legal Associate to support the contract manufacturing food business.The role would involve partnering a dynamic business and giving advice to the teams on aspects like Export Regulations, FDI Regulations, FBO Regulations and FSSAI Regulations and other day -to day business queries, relationships with customers, drafting legal agreements, identifying the legal risks, and helping our business to navigate those risks.The role is based out of Bangalore. Key Responsibilities- Legal-
- Being the Lead advisor on issues related to exports, Modern Trade, Distribution in the context of Food / FMCG business.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Demand, Supply, IT, Operations, Finance, Quality and HR, to support the company's strategic initiatives and advise on potential legal risks and liabilities.
- Contract drafting and vetting, creating standardised contract templates for the business
- Assisting the business with negotiating and closing contracts with clients/ potential clients
- Responsible for providing strategic and operational legal counsel regarding a broad range of legal
- Ability to independently coordinate with internal and external stakeholders as may be necessary
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in law amp; regulations and advise the company on the impact of new laws and regulations.
- Skills to keep track of legal expenses and promptly notify seniors
- Law Graduate with a Strong Hold in Corporate Law and Procedures
- Knowledge of Laws amp; Regulations pertaining to Food Industry is Preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively advise and negotiate on behalf of the company.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with technology and the internet, as well as a passion for staying up-to-date on the latest developments in the field.
- Having keen interest in end-to-end implication of various regulations and compliances.
- Confidence to lead meetings independently.
- Experience in Handling Fundraising part (Venture Capital, Debt Raise amp; Private Equity)